Decorative stamped concrete or pattern stamped concrete is a great surface to use on the interior or exterior of your home or business. Stamped concrete works well as a patio, driveway, walkway, pool deck, entry way, or porch or even a basement or garage floor. Stamped concrete surfaces add beauty and elegance to your home or business and are a perfect way to increase the usable outdoor entertaining areas!
At DesignCast Concrete, we offer the most popular color variations and stamp patterns! You have seen many of these colors and patterns on design shows and in home magazines. Stamped concrete can mimic the texture, color and feel of many popular hardscapes including stone pavers, brick, cobblestone, slate and even wood. If you prefer a more subtle touch, decorative stamped elements such as borders or a compass in the center of your patio or driveway may be the perfect fit for your driveway. Color or staining to select areas is also available.
Why choose stamped concrete over other hardscape materials?
Most consumers see a measurable cost savings by choosing stamped concrete over pavers and natural stone. Concrete is a rather inexpensive material, installs quickly and has a HUGE variety of pattern and color options.
What type of maintenance is involved with stamped concrete?
Maintaining stamped concrete is as simple as washing it off with your water hose. Every few years the sealer that protects the concrete will need a fresh coat. The new coat of clear sealer will make your stamped concrete look good as new! If you would rather not hassle with sealing your stamped concrete yourself, DesignCast can provide maintenance plans to meet your needs.
- Consultation: The first step in purchasing decorative stamped concrete from DesignCast involves a site consultation with a member of our concrete team. During this initial consultation, we will bring color samples and stamp patterns, discuss design options and take measurements of your project. Any custom requests will be discussed at this time including multiple colors, borders and specialty stains or colors for select areas. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like; our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible.
- Estimate: Based on the information we collect during our consultation, we will provide a written estimate on your project. Included in the estimate will be all labor, materials and installation required to complete the decorative concrete project to your desires and specifications.
- Prep Work & Forms: Once your estimate has been approved, our team will return to your project to perform the required prep work including making changes in the grade and or slope the proposed project area. Once the appropriate grade is complete, our crew will construct the forms required for the desired dimension and shape of the project. This process is very important and ensures an excellent fit and finish at completion.
- Installation/Pour: On installation day, our crew arrives and makes any final preparations before the concrete truck arrives. If you choose integral color for your project, the color is added to the mix before it is placed in the forms. Once the truck arrives, we pour the concrete into the forms and smooth it out. A color release and your selected stamp pattern are added to the surface of the concrete. The color release keeps the stamps from sticking to the fresh concrete and can consist of up to four color variations. The color variations are necessary to achieve your desired finish color.
- Relief Cuts & Sealer: Once your newly poured concrete has cured for a couple of days, our crew will return to saw cut relief or control joints into your patio. In the event that a crack does occur in your project, these joints allow a space for the crack to “run” in an inconspicuous area of the slab. Once the saw cutting is complete, the patio is washed down and left to air dry. A few coats of concrete sealer are then added to protect the surface and enhance the color.
DesignCast Concrete Maintenance Program
Our maintenance program is designed to put you at ease after we complete your concrete project. Every 24 months, or at your request, our concrete professionals will inspect, clean, and seal your patio, driveway, basement, or garage to help ensure the longest lifespan possible. Prices are based on the square footage of your project.
0-500 sqft – $275
501-1000 sqft – $450
1001 – 1500 sqft – $600
1500+ sqft – Determined individually based on project size.
Contact us today to set up an appointment to discuss your project and receive a no-obligation estimate!